I. Characteristics of seed cake
The seed cake is the residue remaining after the oily plant seeds are mechanically pressed or solvent extracted to extract the oil. It is generally called OIL CAKE. It is mainly used for feed or fertilizer. Due to the water and oil in the seed cake, it will slowly decompose and heat spontaneously and will spontaneously ignite in case of moisture or a certain proportion of unoxidized oil. It is also prone to heat and spontaneous combustion during long-term storage and transportation. It is listed as Class 4 and 2 in the International Code of Conduct. In ocean transportation, the load is large, the route is long, it is not easy to ventilate, and the outside temperature changes greatly, and it is easy to induce spontaneous combustion.
2. Safe transportation measures for seed cakes
1) The plan dispatcher should select a suitable ship with good ventilation and an effective CO2 fire extinguishing system.
2) The shipper shall provide accurate water and oil content of the cargo as required. (Water content should be less than 10% water, oil total should be less than 20%)
3) Before loading, the ship should clean the cargo hold to ensure that the ventilation equipment is used normally.
4) Check the electrical equipment in the cabin, can not run, leak, ground. There must be a safety net for the lights.
5) Ensure that the sewage ditch, well, clean, unobstructed, should be discharged at any time.
6) Smoking is strictly prohibited in and around the cargo hold during loading and unloading.
3. Seed cake should be noted in the loading and unloading process
1) The goods should be kept dry and should not be loaded or unloaded in rain or snow.
2) If the bottom of the cargo compartment is a fuel oil tank, it can be used to insulate wood and canvas.
3) Do not distribute goods near the engine room. If the whole ship is to be shipped, it should be installed away from the end of the engine room and installed in a slope shape.
4) Place the thermometer at different positions and depths of the cargo hold during loading to determine the cargo compartment temperature.
4. Precautions in navigation:
1) Determine the temperature of each cargo compartment daily and record it in the logbook.
2) During the voyage, ventilation should be carried out according to the change of outside temperature. If the weather is fine, the cabin can be aired in a timely manner to dissipate the hot air in the cabin to avoid the loss of a large amount of Han water.
3) The seed cake fever phenomenon is mostly local. If smoke is found, the coke smoke and the overheated seed stalk can be removed and thrown into the sea.
4) When the temperature reaches 40 degrees, it should be ventilated at the right time, and the conditions are allowed to be ventilated. If the temperature continues to rise when the temperature reaches 55 degrees, the cargo compartment should be closed, the ventilation should be stopped, and the seed cake produced by the machine pressing method can be filled with CO2 and the temperature of the cargo should be closely monitored.
5) When releasing CO2, it must be in accordance with the relevant provisions of SOLAS,
6) Before releasing CO2, the cabin must be sealed. The CO2 should not be released too quickly and the pressure inside the tank should be too high to destroy the watertightness of the cargo tank.
7) If the temperature is still rising due to the above measures, the only way to spontaneously ignite is to inject sea water to extinguish the fire. However, special care should be taken when adopting this method.
Roofing Sheet,Galvanized Steel Sheet,Galvanized Steel Coil
Comat Metal Products Co., Ltd. , http://www.china-tinplate.com